Carolyn joined the firm as a Senior Tax Manager in 2004 and became a member in 2014. Carolyn has more than 25 years of experience and practices in the area of advanced tax issues including estates, trusts, gift tax, and income tax. Her experience in 2 of the Big 4 accounting firms has been primarily in the private client groups. Her clients appreciate her holistic approach to providing tax and planning services simultaneously. Her passion is helping her clients realize their personal goals through minimizing tax, protecting assets, transferring wealth and providing guidance and education. She has provided these services to individuals, wealthy families, key executives and business owners.
Carolyn received the designation of Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) in 1999. This designation, along with an advanced degree and financial planning experience provided sufficient qualifications to allow her to provide an integrated planning experience to her clients.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Personal Financial Planning Division Member (AICPA)
Accreditations, Licenses and Education
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in North Carolina (License #23314)
- Licensed as a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University
- Master of Business Administration from Rochester Institute of Technology
- The PFS Credential, established in 1987 by the AICPA, is granted to qualified CPAs with considerable professional experience in financial planning. Currently, several thousand CPAs hold the PFS Credential nationwide. CPA/PFS Credential holders are ranked among the most qualified financial planners in the marketplace, and many are listed as top financial planners in Worth’s annual ranking.
|Junior Achievement||Past Board Member|
|Wake County Estate Planning Council||Member|
|Wake County PTA||Past Member|
Carolyn grew up on a farm in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State. After graduating from Rochester Institute of Technology with an MBA degree she moved to New York City and obtained a staff position with Ernst & Young in the Individual Family Financial Management group. In 1995, she transferred to Raleigh office of Ernst & Young. In 1998 she was recruited by KPMG as a tax manager in the personal financial planning group. Her passion has always been planning so she acquired her Personal Financial Specialist designation in 1999. She resides in Raleigh with her husband. When she’s not advocating planning for her clients, she can be found playing tennis with her tennis team.
Phone: (919) 532-7395