With frequent changes and updates to tax codes and tax software that can cause more confusion than clarity, sitting down with an experienced Raleigh CPA to discuss your unique tax concerns can save you time, stress, and money. If you are struggling with your individual or business taxes or you have unresolved tax issues from previous years, we offer comprehensive tax consulting services to help you make the best decisions moving forward. At Steward Ingram & Cooper PLLC, we are proud of our knowledge of complex tax issues as well as our dedication to providing excellent service to our clients in the Raleigh area.
Tax Consulting for Businesses & Corporations in Raleigh
Whether you run a sole proprietorship or a large corporation, business taxes are complicated, and a small error can lead to large penalties down the road. Navigating the business tax code is one more responsibility on top of the already daunting task of running your business. Getting informed guidance from a voice of experience, as well as having access to a variety of accounting services helps eliminate mistakes, reduce your tax burden, and minimize the time spent on bookkeeping and accounting.
Our CPAs work with our clients as trusted advisors, in order to gain a thorough understanding of their businesses. We work with clients locally in Raleigh and surrounding areas, as well as across North Carolina and other states. Our goal is to drive your companies’ value, and improve understanding of tax processes, financial statements, and accounting for taxes.
How We Serve Businesses
If it’s related to business or corporate taxes, accounting, or finances, we are happy to sit down and discuss it. This includes:
- Preparing financial statements and going over them with you to provide you with an in-depth look at the financial health and status of your business;
- Resolving tax issues that stem from previous errors or problems, or explaining what notices from federal or state tax authorities mean and how to resolve them;
- Choosing the right business entity for a new or growing business, including LLCs, S-Corps, or C-Corps;
- Going over bookkeeping concerns and providing QuickBooks support;
- Tax consulting, including ethical ways to minimize tax liabilities and map out strategies to improve tax efficiencies;
- Assisting with budgeting and creating a plan for cash flow management;
Individual & Personal Tax Planning
In addition to guiding and advising businesses in matters related to taxes, we also work with individuals. Matters related to investments, retirement accounts, and charitable deductions, as well as family changes like adoption, buying a home, or getting married can take a simple return and make it complicated very quickly, and we’ll help clear up the confusion and prevent you from over paying or leaving money on the table by way of major deductions.
In addition to offering assistance with annual tax returns, our CPAs are here to assist you in how you can plan for the future by way of advantageous strategies to minimize your tax burden in the future. Estate planning, providing financial gifts to others, and setting up funds for people in your family can lead to expensive tax liabilities, but we can help you make the right choices to keep more of your money where you want it, rather than going to the government.
How We Serve Individuals
- Merging income and deductions from a sole proprietorship or LLC into your individual tax returns;
- Resolving tax issues related to previous years’ returns;
- Guiding you to how to set aside money for retirement and planning for a small business;
- Providing tax-related advice in matters related to family changes, such as college accounts, adoption, or passing a business on to a family member.
Foreign Tax and Compliance
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), passed in December 2017, made several significant changes affecting both individuals and businesses operating in the global market. Our team of CPAs is ready to guide you through these ever complex and often burdensome impositions. Whether you travel or work in a foreign country, own foreign assets or investments, operate a business overseas, or engage in any other foreign source activity, we are available to assist you.
Why Choose Us as Your Trusted Tax Advisor
Since 2000, we have served as trusted tax advisors and consultants to both businesses and individuals. Our team of CPAs bring decades of experience and knowledge to both our business and individual clients. We strive to work with you as a trusted partner and advisor, ensuring our advice and guidance is tailored and personalized to your unique needs.
Schedule a Tax Consultation in Raleigh Today
If you are in need of an experienced tax advisor who can help you plan for the future or untangle a problem from the past, we can help. We serve Raleigh and surrounding areas, including Cary, Apex, Durham, Wake Forest & Wilson. Schedule a consultation with us today, we offer telephone and video conferencing as well as in-person meetings when necessary.