At Steward Ingram & Cooper, PLLC, we understand that you would like to keep more of your income or revenue rather than losing it to taxes. To truly reduce your tax liability requires a strategic plan that focuses on long-term advantage rather than only considering one fiscal year. With our in-depth knowledge and experience in tax preparation and planning, we can consult with you to develop ethical strategies that will reduce your tax payments.
Both business owners and individuals with complex finances can benefit from a tax consultation with our CPA firm that serves Chapel Hill and the surrounding area.
Tax Consulting for Businesses & Corporations in Chapel Hill
Business and corporate taxes are difficult, especially in years of upheaval in which numerous changes to the tax code go into effect. One small error or lack of knowledge in a particular area can lead to losing a significant amount of money, but with a tax consultation with a member of our team, as well as access to a variety of accounting services, we can help you minimize both your annual and estimated quarterly taxes and save you time on your accounting tasks.
We are dedicated to our clients’ financial success, and because our services go well beyond tax preparation, our clients see us as trusted financial advisors. Our goal is to not only reduce your tax burden but also to increase the value of your company.
How We Serve Businesses
If it’s related to business or corporate taxes, accounting, or finances, we have the knowledge and insight to consult with you on these matters. This includes:
- Preparing financial statements and going over them with you to provide you with an in-depth look at the financial health and status of your business;
- Resolving tax issues that stem from previous errors or problems, or explaining what notices from federal or state tax authorities mean and how to resolve them;
- Choosing the right business entity for a new or growing business, including LLCs, S-Corps, or C-Corps;
- Going over bookkeeping concerns and providing QuickBooks support;
- Tax consulting, including ethical ways to minimize tax liabilities and map out strategies to improve tax efficiencies;
- Assisting with budgeting and creating a plan for cash flow management.
Individual & Personal Tax Consulting
In addition to working with businesses in matters related to taxes, we also work with individuals who have a high net worth or complicated finances. Whether you have complex holdings including a vast investment portfolio or multiple charities you support, or you’ve experienced life changes, such as adoption, buying property, or getting married — these can all make a simple return much more difficult. We can help clear up the confusion and ensure you don’t overpay or miss deductions and credits that would work in your favor.
In addition to personal tax preparation, our team can help you set up strategic holdings to minimize your tax burden moving forward. Whether you want to set up trusts, provide financial gifts, or provide more to charity, we can guide you on how to do these in a way that reduces tax payments.
How We Serve Individuals
- Merging income and deductions from a sole proprietorship or LLC into your personal tax returns;
- Resolving tax issues related to previous years’ returns;
- Guiding you on how to set aside money for retirement and planning for a small business;
- Providing tax-related advice in matters related to family changes, such as college accounts, adoption, or passing a business on to a family member.
Foreign Tax and Compliance
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), passed in December 2017, made several significant changes to the foreign tax and compliance code. We understand these changes and can guide you through these complex impositions. Whether you own foreign properties, operate a business, or work overseas, we can help you navigate these challenges.
Why Choose Us as Your Trusted Tax Advisor
Since 2000, we have served as trusted tax advisors and consultants to all types of businesses and individuals with complex finances. We bring decades of experience and knowledge to both our business and individual clients and are committed to being your trusted partner and advisor, ensuring all the guidance we provide is personalized to your unique goals.
Steward Ingram & Cooper PLLC serves Chapel Hill and the surrounding area, including Durham, Hillsborough, Pittsboro, and Morrisville.